“Love Life to the Fullest”
Charlotte now has two Del Webb communities!
The new 325-acre community of Carolina Orchards has come to life on Springfield Road in Fort Mill, South Carolina, where the Del Webb Corporation plans some 720 homes on 325 acres of softly rolling terrain. The open, welcoming community sits just over the state line from Charlotte and a few miles from Rock Hill. With easy access to Charlotte, Carolina Orchards blends the convenience and refinement of city life with the easy-going friendliness of a small hometown.
Among the offerings at Carolina Orchards are a range of amenities and nearby activities, beautiful homes in a range of sizes and options, and a lifestyle you’ll love.
Into city culture, or maybe the excitement of downtown nightlife? Still working in Charlotte…?
From Carolina Orchards, Charlotte Center City is an easy 17-mile commute, closest of all Charlotte “top-55+” communities.
Homes to love too
Del Webb has built three classes of homes in Carolina Orchards, each with numerous variations you can specify:
- Passport Collection ranging in size from more than 1,263 to 1,424 square feet, two to four bedrooms, and two to three baths
- The larger Expedition Collection with 1,655 to 1,962 or more square feet, two to four bedrooms, and two to three baths
- The still larger Pinnacle Collection boasting 2,264 to 2,565 or more square feet, two to four bedrooms, and up to four baths
Carolina Orchards features three exciting home collections. Click here to view homes for sale.
Carolina Orchards amenities
The Del Webb trademark promises you of a wide range of amenities and activities beginning with the day you become a homeowner. Some are planned for completion in 2017, but your exciting new lifestyle begins the day you become a Carolina Orchards homeowner. Here are some of the amenities:
A 15,000-square-foot amenity center that will comprise the following:
- Meeting rooms for clubs and activities
- A ballroom
- Fitness center and aerobics studio
- An indoor lap pool and outdoor resort-style pool
Add even more:
- Tot lot for your grandkids
- A dog park where your best friend can run free
- Four tennis and eight Pickleball courts
- Garden plots where you can try your hand at “farming”
While the new amenities are under construction, you can enjoy Del Webb’s “Lifestyle without Walls.” At the very start of a community, the program focuses on creating the lifestyle Del Webb residents have come to expect. Your lifestyle director—your “princess of fun,” as she is known—has planned a broad array of events for you from the very first day you move into Carolina Orchards:
- Health fair and health seminars
- Wine and cheese social
- Cooking demonstrations and a barbecue
- Afternoon kayaking
- Walking, hiking, and book clubs, with more to come
- Ice cream socials
- Masquerade ball
- A singles club
- Game nights
Carolina Orchards homeowners receive a membership in the Anne Springs Close Greenway just across the road. Many of the Lifestyle Without Walls events will take place on the grounds of the Greenway.
Since 1960, the Ann Springs Close Greenway has served the Fort Mill area as a buffer against development. The 2,100-acre Greenway, across the road from Carolina Orchards, boasts two 200-year-old log cabins, a Nature Center, and the Comporium Amphitheater. As a special amenity, the Carolina Orchards Community Association, in partnership with the Greenway, has arranged a Greenway membership package for all homeowners.
You’ll find the Greenway’s 60,000-square-foot complex is a great place to exercise and buff up. Weight training, aerobics, and Zumba are among the many classes you can explore, and all fitness activities are housed on one level. The pool is especially equipped for persons needing help in and out of the water.
Besides fitness classes, you can hike, bike, and ride horseback on 40 miles of trails in the Greenway. You also can fish, canoe, and kayak. Camp in the fresh air, ride horseback, or simply picnic on a sunny day. For a neat getaway, you can take one of the Greenway’s trips to Myrtle Beach. In the summer, you can enjoy the Greenway’s concert series included in your Greenway membership. Programs and possibilities are endless.
South Carolina has long been known for its year-around golf, and the Fort Mill area offers excellent year-around courses for all levels of golfers. An annual golf club membership at Carolina Orchards gives you access to four picturesque 18-hole golf courses.
- Springfield Golf Club
- Fort Mill Golf Club
- Lancaster Golf Club
- Chester Golf Club
Monthly dues for the four-course memberships are set as follows:
- Monday through Monday play: Individual, $160; family, $230
- Monday through Friday only: Individual, $120; family, $170
All clubs offer lessons, clinics, outings, and club tournaments.
Carolina Orchard offers you all of the goods and services one would expect in a town of some 15,000 people:
- Convenient access to Charlotte, a stone’s throw across the state line; 4 miles to I-77; and I-485 just a few miles farther
- Only 18 miles to Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- Springfield Town Center, with gas and grocery shopping less than a half mile away
- The 12-acre Walter Elisha Park, once the site of an old textile mill, with its magnificent sculptures
- Upper Room Chapel, a replica of Jerusalem’s Upper Room where the Last Supper was held
- Piedmont Medical Center in nearby Rock Hill, offering a full range of medical services
- The 235-bed Carolinas HealthCare System in Pineville for comprehensive emergency and specialty care
- Old Town Fort Mill with buildings dating back to the late 1800s when the town’s population was only a few hundred
- The vibrancy of a town boasting several major corporations
- Exquisite peach orchards throughout the area
And, of course, much more…
Fort Mill and the Charlotte area offer a treasure chest of nearby entertainment venues, historic sites, sports venues, and places of interest. Describing each of them would require a lengthy book. Below are only three examples of places you might wish to visit; others are listed on the “Why Charlotte” pages and throughout this web site.
Just miles away from Carolina Orchards sits Carowinds, a 400-acre amusement park that sits on the state line between Fort Mill and Charlotte. Spend a day or two there. Take your guests or grandkids. The park features thrill rides, Peanuts-themed rides, family rides, a waterpark, an animated dinosaur exhibit, and more.
Homes of Mr. Jackson and Mr. Polk
Andrew Jackson repeatedly claimed South Carolina as the location of the home where he was born, but North Carolina has contentiously claimed Mr. Jackson as their own. In 1922, a U.S. congressmen interrupted deliberations of the Appropriations Committee and berated a congressman who claimed Mr. Jackson was born in North Carolina. Fortunately, South Carolina cemented its position by setting aside a state park to honor our seventh president. The park’s finest holding is a statue of a young Jackson, sculpted by the renowned Anna Hyatt Huntington of Brookgreen Gardens fame. The park hosts history programs and contains picnic grounds and a replica of an 18th-century schoolhouse. Each year, on the Ides of March, the park’s amphitheater hosts a celebration of Mr. Jackson’s birthday. The park is 9 miles south of Indian Land on U.S. Highway 521.
North Carolina did have its own president, however, and South Carolina has made no claim to him whatsoever. Just across the state line, near Pineville in Mecklenburg County, a North Carolina Historical Site honors the birthplace of James K. Polk, the eleventh president of the nation. The site, once owned by Polk’s parents, contains a replica of a period cabin. The park also hosts various programs, and schoolchildren often visit.
Attend Fort Mill’s Annual Strawberry Festival, which lures thousands who honor and dine on the exquisitely sweet red berries grown locally. Watch for the festival in the spring each year.
Click to view benefits paid by the homeowners association
Living in a 55+ community frees you from many common tasks. First, your HOA provides you free lawn maintenance that includes regular mowing, fertilization, weed control, and leaf removal.
Other HOA perks include these:
- Basic cable service
- Use of Carolina Orchards amenities
- Membership in the Anne Springs Close Greenway
- Maintenance of common areas
History of Fort Mill, SC. Click to learn how Fort Mill got its name.
Call now! 803-992-0800
Active-adult living is far more that a home where you eat and sleep.℠ Let me help you find the perfect 55+ lifestyle, community, and home!
Email: email@example.comRené McMasters